If you missed all of my frazzle-brained excitement earlier this week, I’m in New Orleans for my bachelorette party! (Stalk my Instagram if you want to follow along with the debauchery.) But, dear readers, I would never leave you hanging! Today, Brittany is taking over the blog. She is the adorable lady behind Happy Is A Choice. I think you guys will adore her as much as I do – even her blog title radiates positive energy! (And how stinkin’ cute is she with that new husband of hers?!)
Hey friends! I am excited to be here while our girl Nikki is out celebrating her bachelorette weekend with her girlfriends! I had SO much fun the night of my bachelorette, and I know Nikki will too!
Let me tell you a little bit about myself! My name is Brittany, and I am a newlywed, I married the love of my life, Ronnie on October 5th, so I am just over the moon with excitement for Nikki as her wedding day approaches. It is such a sweet time, preparing for that day, so Nikki, if I could give you one piece of advice it would be to enjoy every minute! I sometimes got caught up in the stress and planning and details, but our wedding day was so fun, and even if something goes wrong (it will) you will just be so happy you wont care!
A little more about me: I blog over at Happy Is A Choice so I would love for you to come stop by so we can get to know one another more. I work full time in Human Resources, and my husband works in Hospitality at our church. I am a big fan of running, mostly because I love food so much, in order to avoid only fitting in yoga pants, I have to burn off those lattes and pastries some how.
Because it’s November, and Nikki has a running Gratitude theme going on this month, I wanted to share some things that I am thankful for in marriage, things I think Nikki might have to look forward to, and maybe if you are married you will be thankful for some of the same things!
1. I am thankful to go to sleep next to my husband every night, and wake up together every day. Ronnie and I didn’t live together before we got married, so this big “every night is a sleepover with your best friend” thing is still fun to me!
2. I’m thankful that my husband makes me breakfast in bed on Saturday mornings. Seriously, a huge perk for me. I hope your husband makes you breakfast in bed regularly , Nikki!
3. I am thankful for someone to pray with when life gets messy, and also when God is so good to us that we can’t help but thank Him! Its really encouraging for me to watch my husband trust Jesus so well and lean on Him for wisdom, strength and support.
4. I am thankful to have a husband who doesn’t expect me to do it all. As a woman, I sometimes feel like I need to be working all day, cooking a balanced meal, doing the laundry, serving people in our home, serving in church ministries, spending time with my family, exercising, etc. and for me, more often then not, I feel like I am FAILING at all of those things. But luckily for me, Ronnie doesn’t expect that, and he helps me with things like preparing meals and keeping the house clean. It is SUCH a blessing to me!
5. I am thankful to have someone to take outfit pictures for the blog. He always puts on a happy face and tries to pretend like hes hving the best time, even though we all know he’d rather do, well, anything else.
6. I am excited to send out Christmas Cards! I’ve always equated that with something you get to do once you are married, and this year, one sweet friend I have met through blogging is designing ours and I can’t wait to send them out!
7. I am thankful to get to share life together! I am so excited to start our own Holiday traditions, to invite people over for good food and conversation, to go on weekend trips and dinner outs with friends, to do home projects and snuggle up on the couch after a long day. I love this part of marriage!
If you are married, what are you thankful for? If you’re not married, what are you most looking forward to or hoping for someday?
Please stop by and see me at Happy Is A Choice! I would love to meet you, new friends!